In order to achieve the objectives set by Europe to the automotive sector in terms of reducing CO2 emissions, it is very probable that the use of high strength steels and aluminum may not be enough to reduce vehicle weight significantly, therefore, it is believed necessary to use composite materials which offers an excellent combination of good mechanical properties with light weight. Fagor Arrasate, being a leader in the automotive sector, is prepared to respond to the changes that are occurring to this sector in the coming years, therefore Fagor Arrasate offers its customers installations for processing composites.
Fagor Arrasate has developed complete systems for the following manufacturing processes:
• SMC - Sheet Moulding Compound
• GMT - Glass Mat Thermoplastics
• D-LFT – Direct Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics
• RTM - Resin Transfer Moulding
• HP-RTM – High Pressure Resin Transfer Moulding
• C-RTM - Compression Resin Transfer Moulding
• WET COMPRESSION
The FAGOR press used for these purposes is a hydraulic press with the necessary services in each process.